Getting My Way Back Into Writing (After Lost it Several Times)



Hi, it's me. I'm back after a few attempt and fail every time to get back into writing. 
I started when blogging was at its peak back in 2003.
At that time I wasn't thinking of becoming a writer. Nor that I wanted to be. I just want to write.

That's when I started reading  a lot of blog post on how to write an article, how to write a blog. My intention was to make my article more readable. It was an interesting process, learning all those new thing as an additional skill and knowledge that I can combine with my technical knowledge as an IT technician.

After leaving my 24/7 job, I couldn't spare a good time to write although my free time was quite excessive (means I have a lot of free time). In addition to that, I felt somewhat lost.  I don't know what to write. Even if it's just for a 200 words article. Maybe it is because of my new working environment that influence me so much.

It was indeed a different environment, with the former job, I was with the computer for at least 4 hours a day. With a little bit of research and reading, and with a lot of people to talk to, I can then write. The latter however, was almost opposite. I spend lot's or most of my time, driving from one place to another. I speak only to few people. In fact, I only meet a few people in my new working environment. Almost the same people every day. It's totally different world.

Now after almost two decade (20 years) I can't stop my brain from thinking about writing.

It's all started about a year ago when I discover Tryhackme. The online platform for learning cyber security.
I was very passionate about it as studying is also my passion and I spent almost 3 month intensively studying cybersecurity until I got really stuck and I really didn't know how to continue. 
I called a friend who was an ex-hacker and talk for hours expressing my problems and feelings.
He suggested that I should consider technical writing because cyber security is hard to master and I was ok with his idea. Soon after that I started researching on technical writing.

I made a few research on technical writing and then identify my own several technical knowledge and skill.
Since I have been focusing on cyber security for a few months, I made my decision and wanted to go for technical writing in cyber security.

But again, it didn't go well. Cyber security is very broad and detailed topic. Talking cyber security in general in 2024 is almost useless and that lead my interest plumped rapidly.

A month ago I start reading a book. "Atomic Habit". A book title I found after wasting countless hours scrolling Youtube shorts.
From "Atomic Habit", I discover Carr's book, "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" and then the last book I read was "UltraLearning" (Scott H Young.. Can't remember how I discover this book). 
Soon after that I start reading my first novel "The Rescue - Nicholas Spark"
and this article was written the next morning after reading the last page of "The Rescue".

To be honest , after decades of learning English, my English was still far from good. But I don't think I can wait any longer. There will be no  perfect timing to start anything. Nobody is perfect, and I am not perfect.

Weeks before writing this, I thought I would need a notebook and a printer to start, but it's just not going to happen. It will cost me a fortune, financially. I couldn't afford it.
I remember reading somewhere, a pen and a piece of paper is all you need to get started. It's the best tool to have. It's classic by the way.

I wish this article would appear on my blog post. I don't care if I'm the only one who reads it. Hopefully, there will be another post from me to myself. Amen.
       
Good night and have a good rest. Bye.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form