Sunday, April 26, 2009
I was trying to update Google Chrome to latest released version. When I click on Tool -> About Google Chrome, I had the " Update server not available (error: 3)" message from Google Chrome. Then I check on Google Chrome support site to find out what the error is all about.
Here's what I found about Error messages and alerts: 'Update server not available'.
Google Chrome will have 3 "update server not available error"
1. Update server not available (error: 1)
- Meaning, Google Chrome can't be upgraded in its current directory.
- Reinstall Google Chrome could solve this problem
2. Update server not available (error: 3)
- This error could be because we are running Windows Vista and Google Chrome configured to always run as administrator.
- It is also because Google Chrome did not register properly. Since I'm running Windows XP, the solution is either doing some registry changes or reinstalling Google Chrome.
3. Update server not available (error: 7)
- Meaning: Update was downloaded successfully, but it failed to install properly
- We need to restart our computer and then check if GoogleUpdate.exe appears in Windows task Manager processes list. If it's not, Google Chrome re-installation could solve the problem.
In my case which is (error 3), I decided to reinstall Google Chrome. The latest stable version is 18.104.22.168. and of course after the installation, there's no more error message from Google Chrome