Saturday, November 27, 2010
In Windows 7, to call the About Windows window (above screen) :
- Click start and type winver at the Search programs and files column and press enter.
In my case, my Windows 7 is registered to Ultimate. Now , I would like to give my Windows 7 registration a new owner and a company as well.
1. Start registry editor. Click start and type regedit and press enter.
2. In the registry,in the left pane, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows NT and then click on CurrentVersion (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion)
3. Locate RegisteredOrganisation and RegisteredOwner registry value in the right pane.
4. Double click on RegisteredOrganisation and type in a new organisation name. Click Ok.
5. Double click on RegisteredOwner and type in a new owner name. Click Ok.
You can now verify the changes by calling the About Windows screen again. Type winver and press enter.
Posted by budzer Labels: software