How to reduce Firefox memory usage

Normally when I browse with more than 8 tabs open, Firefox will start to slow down. Sometimes it will crash and all the information that I'm working with is gone.

I found this tip on how to reduce Firefox memory usage. Hope this will help me.

1. On your Firefox address bar, type about:config. Press enter.

2. Find browser.sessionhistory.max_entries or
type browser.sessionhistory.max_entries in the filter bar.

3. Double click on the entry and change the integer value to lower value. Default is 50.

4. Restart Firefox

Personally I changed mine to 1 to see the difference and surprisingly, it works. After browsing the internet for about an hour and with 10 tabs open, no sign of Firefox is slowing down.

Thank to hongkiat.com for this tips.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form