Quick Fix: SBAMsvc.exe causing 100% CPU utilization

Sunbelt Software claim that VIPRE Antivirus and Spyware doesn't hog system resources and doesn't slow down a PC is just marketing hype and it's actually true.

It happened that after a cold reboot and when Vipre Antivirus scheduled scan is running (the process is SBAMsvc.exe), Vipre will take almost 100% of my computer processing power. That will last for almost 5-7 minutes. And that is really annoying.

This issue might as big as iPhone4 signal reception issue, but it still annoying.

Now for a quick fix to that CPU utilization problem caused by SBAMsvc.exe, here's what I do.

- Open Vipre Antivirus + Spyware

- Click on File -> Setting

- Click on the Scan OPtions tab

- Under Scan Settings, uncheck Enable rootkit detection (all of them - Quick, Deep System and Custom)

- Also uncheck the Include low-risk programs and click Ok.


That's it. The next time you start your computer or during scheduled scanning, SBAMsvc.exe won't eat up your processing power so much. In my case, it only use 40% of my processing power .In average.

Go to:
http://getsatisfaction.com/sunbeltsoftware/topics/sbamsvc_exe_causing_100_cpu_utilization for more information on this issue.

2 Comments

  1. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I'm quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

    Feel free to visit my web-site; how much should i weigh for my height

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs and articles can serve as a reliable historical record, capturing social attitudes, cultural trends, and technological developments at different points in time. Digital Corporation Hikes Some blogs focus on debunking myths and misconceptions, providing evidence-based information to counter false narratives and promote a more informed society.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form