Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother looking up. It's likely to be that way on Monday evening, Dec. 1.
A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, will appear in very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus and Jupiter.
read more | digg story
The term "geothermal energy" might bring to mind hot springs and billows of steam rising from the soil, but you can get energy from the ground without moving to Iceland or Yellowstone. You just need a geothermal heat pump.
"We call anything below the ground geothermal," said John Lund, director of the Geo-Heat Center at the Oregon Institute of Technology.
This includes geothermal heating, in which hot underground water is used to heat a building, and geothermal power, in which steam from very hot underground rock (more than 300 degrees Fahrenheit) is used to drive an electric generator.
read more | digg story
A less than two degree Celsius rise in global temperatures might be sufficient to spark a meltdown of the Greenland Ice Sheet and Arctic sea ice, the WWF warned in a new study released Thursday.
"As a result, global sea levels would rise by several metres, threatening tens of millions of people worldwide."
The melting of Arctic sea ice could affect ecosystems, while a meltdown of the Greenland Ice Sheet could lead to a sea level rise of up to seven metres, with a devastating impact for the rest of the world.
read more | digg story
Some marine biologists speculate that whales, and other Cetaceans, could be as intelligent as humans, and may even have several unknown communicative abilities... Wow!
Cetaceans are known to be among the most clever and intelligent of all mammals. They have brains that are roughly the same size as humans or larger, which are similarly or superiorly complex (although differently evolved in structure).
This has led some marine biologists to speculate that whales, and other Cetaceans, could be as intelligent as humans, and may even have several unknown communicative abilities, that surpass our current understanding through sonar and other means.
read more | digg story
Within the next year, Micron Technology Inc. expects to bring to market a high-end solid-state disk drive that could achieve 1GB/sec. throughput, according to a company executive. The transfer speed is four times that offered by Intel Corp.'s newest SSD, the X25-E.
read more | digg story
In 15 minutes, we go from scratch to complete weblog engine with comments, ajax, an ATOM feed, an XML and JSON API, tests, an administrative interface, and much more! We strongly advise that you sit down before starting this whirlwind tour. Your head may well be spinning at the end. Come along for the Ruby on Rails ride.
read more | digg story
Following hot on the heals of the Sega Saturn case mod we saw last month, the gang from Akiba PC in Japan are back with the Dreamcast PC. This machine sports a Sony NEC Blu-ray drive, an AMD mini-ITX mainboard with 780G Chipset and ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, HDMI output, 4GB RAM and 160GB storage.
read more | digg story
He has built robots capable of climbing walls, serving water, lighting cigarettes, playing musical instruments and writing calligraphy.
A Chinese farmer fascinated by technology has built himself 26 robots over the past 30 years.
Wu Yulu with his favourite robot - Wu No.25 /Quirky China NewsWu Yulu, 46, who has only a basic school education, designs the robots himself and builds them from scrap materials.
read more | digg story
Many months after the beginning of the project, enough of the iPhone's low-level hardware interface has been reverse engineered to get the linux kernel up and running. A video of it is linked from the article, and obviously, all source code is available.
I'm pleased to announce that the Linux 2.6 kernel has been ported to Apple's iPhone platform, with support for the first and second generation iPhones as well as the first generation iPod touch. This is a rough first draft of the port, and many drivers are still missing, but it's enough that a real alternative operating system is running on the iPhone.
read more | digg story
Microsoft's plans to prolong your notebook's power.
If a notebook runs Windows Vista, it will run Windows 7 and it will get better battery life, promises Gabriel Aul of the Windows Performance team. But PC manufacturers and device suppliers are also going to have to do their part to make a big difference to power consumption on new notebooks.
read more | digg story
Want to send a short email to a friend and get it delivered to his/her cell phone as SMS? If you know your friends’ phone numbers and the carrier they are on then you can easily send emails to their cell phones directly from your email program.
read more | digg story
Thursday, November 27, 2008
To set up any type of PC to TV system whether to watch home TV on a computer or use a computer Internet TV (with PC Satellite TV software installed) to watch free Internet media on a home TV-set, it requires two key components: 1) Video Card, and 2) Video connector cable. Setting up this type of system using number 2 will be the focal point of this article. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Philip_Sumpter
Whichever one is the goal, watch home television on a PC or watch computer Internet TV (with PC Satellite TV software) on a home television set, keep in mind the picture quality on a digital high definition television will be higher than on a computer screen. This has a lot to do with the computer and screen capabilities/limitations that determine the video quality.
Setting up a PC to TV can be very cheap and simple enough that even a cave man can do it. For instance, while there are all kinds of computers today, many of them share common audio and video ports to make the transition easier. There are four different types of video/audio connectors that can do the job, and requires just a little work. Here is a list of some of the most popular video connectors to consider:
Identifying Four Connector/Adapter Cables..
1. VGA, stands for Video Graphics Array, and are available to almost every Windows-based computer. Although this connection doesn't offer the highest quality that a HDMI or DVI connection offers, it's commonly used and works well with a SD (standard definition) or HD (high definition) TV that uses a VGA port. The price for a used VGA connector can be a few dollars and under $20.00 to buy it new.
2. HDMI stands for high-definition multimedia interface and DVI means digital visual interface. Both of them offer the best connection for HD TV. A few high-end video cards on computer already have HDMI ports on high definition (HD) television sets. Many times, MAC computers will have DVI ports that allows a connection to your television's HDMI port--using an HDMI-to-DVI cable or adapter. For a used HDMI connector, it could run under $10.00 and a new one can cost over $10.00.
3. S-Video, stands for separate video and are often found in SD and HD TV-sets. The most common use for this type of connection involves connecting a DVD player to a SD TV-set. And it works well when using either a desktop or laptop computer that has an S-video port. The cost can be as little as a couple of dollars for a used connector cable to over $5.00 for a new one.00 (new).
4. Composite/RCA often comes with many TV-sets. More than likely, you have seen these cables at one time or another. They are those yellow, white, and red connector head cables for your video and audio. You can also use them to connect your video camera and DVD player. Some computers have video cards with RCA connections and they can be used to convert a computer's video signal through the RCA cable going into a TV-set.
How to make the audio connection depends on what type of port a computer has, which determines whether or not separate cables are needed to get the video and audio to work properly. More than likely, you will have to optimize the computer's audio output such as volume settings and surround sound. This requires going into the computer's Control Panel to make minor adjustments.
How to make the audio connection depends on whether or not a computer has a HDMI port, which in turn determines if a single cable or separate cables for the audio and video are required. Also, connecting a headphone jack and external speakers to a computer can be made as well. Optimizing the audio output may be required but very simple to do. It's just a matter of adjusting the volume settings by going into the computer's control panel.
After determining which television and computer connector is needed, the next step is picking the correct video/audio cable to make the PC to TV connection. You can find any one of these connectors/adapters in local computer stores or online easily. The cost is very low and can take minutes to setup a PC to television system.
Philip Sumpter is a tester/user of PCTV and TV to PC products who has helped thousands of people Worldwide watch PCTV. Would you like to setup a PC to TV system? To learn more on which connector/adapter to use for your system, go to How To Connect Your PC To TV Using Connectors And Adapters.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Philip_Sumpter
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
7 editing keyboard shortcut in Firefox
|6. Select All||CtrlCmd+A|
For complete list of keyboard shortcut in Firefox,
go to Firefox Help
Fallout 3 Cheat Code
To bring up the cheats console during gameplay, hit the tilde (~) key. Then, type the cheat code.
Note that the cheat code is on the left (bold) and the result is on the right
- addspecialpoints X - Add indicated amount of Special Points (X = amount)
- addtagskills X - Adds indicated amount of Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
- advlevel - Level up your character one level
- GetQuestCompleted - Complete current quest
- getXPfornextlevel - Gain one level
- help - List all console commands
- modpca Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats (Y = stat type, X = amount)
- modpcs Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your skills (Y = stat type, X = amount)
- player.setlevel X - Set player level (X = level)
- player.additem 000000F X - Get indicated amount of caps (X = amount)
- removefromallfactions - Remove player from all factions
- rewardKarma X - Add indicated amount of Karma Points (X = amount)
- setpccanusepowerarmor X - Toggle Power Armor use (X = 0 or 1)
- setspecialpoints X - Set Special Points (X = amount)
- settagskills X - Sets Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
- tcl - No clipping mode
- tmm1 - All mapmarkers
- tdt - Toggle debug display
- tlv - Toggle leaves
- tgm - God mode
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Nokia has officially announced Nokia 6260 Slide that run on S40.
Nokia 6260 feature a 360 Navi key to enhanced browsing experience. The screen is 2.4" HVGA.
It comes with 5 megapixel digital camera with Carl Zeiss optics.
Also capable to record a mpeg 4 VGA size video at up to 15 frame per second.
For network service, it has WCDMA, GSM and EDGE. For fast internet activity, Nokia 6260 could download up to 10.2Mbps(HSDPA) and upload at 2.0 Mbps(HSUPA). The presence of WiFi will make this device more attractive. Not forgetting the build in GPS.
Nokia 6260 Slide will be available at beginning 2009 for EUR 299 before goverment tax and whatever subsidies you may get.
Checkout Nokia 6260 Slide Specifications
System: WCDMA I+II+VIII
GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
User Interface: S40
Dimensions: 99.4 x 46.5 x 15.4 mm (L x W x T)
Weight: 114 g
Display: 2.4 inch HVGA (320 x 480 pixels)
with up to 16 million colors
Battery: Nokia Battery BL-5F, 950 mAh
Memory: Up to 200MB internal memory,
support for up to 8MB microSD memory card
Image capture: 5 megapixels
Video capture: MPEG-4 VGA at up to 15 fps
Flash: Dual led flash
Talk time: Up to 4.0 hours (3G), 6.0 hours (GSM)
Standby time: Up to 370 hrs (3G), 400 hrs (GSM)
Video playback: Up to 4 hours
Music playback: Up to 30 hours
FM radio: Up to 15 hours
Video call: Up to 2.0 hours
Data Services & Connectivity
• HSDPA up to 10.2 Mbps
• HSUPA up to 2.0 Mbps
• Micro-USB connector, charging
• 2.5 mm AV connector
• Bluetooth version 2.1 (A2DP&AVRCP)
• GPS and support for assisted GPS (A-GPS)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Apple has released the iPhone Software update version 2.2. The latest version come with few enhancement, update and fix.
Here's a bit of it.
1. Enhancement to Google Maps.
2. Fix to call setup failures and dropped calls.
3. Enhancements to Mail which include improvement to wide HTML email formatting.
4. Podcasts availability for download in iTunes application over Wi-Fi and cellular network.
Other improvements are related to Safari performance, Visual Voicemail message sound quality and some keyboard preference.
For update detail , get yourself to http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Have you ever watched Bruce Lee, the Chinese legendary martial artist playing ping-pong with his nunchaku?
Nokia has bring this video as part of the promotion of the new Nokia N96 Bruce Lee Edition.
I'm not going to say anything about Nokia N96 but it really amazing to watch how Bruce Lee hit the ball accurately and perfectly only with his nunchaku.
Checkout this amazing Bruce Lee in action.
You have download and install Google Chrome and fall in love with it. Your friends ask a copy of Chrome installer. All you can say is, "it's a very small setup program that will download and update the whole program after you run the setup program."
So.... is there any way I can download the complete installer?. Of course there is.
Here's the download link to Google Chrome offline installer.
Google Chrome Offline Installer
The installation is very very easy. Just double click the installer.( choose run on Vista security warning). After a while, Google Chrome welcome screen appear. You're done. No installation progress or whatever.
Now you can happily (I suppose) share Google Chrome with your friends or maybe your boss.
By default Firefox can't play WMA or WMF embedded object. In order to do that you need Windows Media Player Plug-in for Firefox.
Here's the download link for Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox.
The installation is very straight forward. Just double click the plugin you've download and follow the instruction to complete the installation.
Once the installation complete, restart your Firefox and you're done.
You can verify the Windows Media Player plugin by typing "about:plugins" in the Firefox address bar and press enter. A page will display installed plugins for your Firefox. Scroll down until you reach Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
I've use this plugin with Firefox 3.0.4 and Firefox 3.1 Beta both on Windows Vista x86. It works well.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Asus has announced the world fastest PDA phone, the Asus P565. Equipped with Marvell TavorP 800 MHz processor, the P565 PDA phone were design to deliver graphics and system performance. Featuring Glide, the latest touch screen user interface by Asus, multitasking is not a problem with Asus P565.
The Asus P565 come with 2.8 inches touchscreen with 640x480 screen resolution.
On the connectivity side, it has almost everything. HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, GSM. WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0. It also come with a GPS.
Check out the full specifications.
Asus P565 Specifications
Networks: HSDPA 3.6Mbps, UMTS 2100, EDGE/GPRS/GSM 900/1800/1900, Class 10
Operating System: Microsoft Windows® Mobile 6.1™ Professional
Form factor: Bar type
Dimensions: 102 mm x 60.5 mm x 16 mm
Weight: 120 g (with battery)
Standby: Time 250-300 hrs with 3G and 200-250 hrs with 2G**
Talk Time: 3 hrs with 3G and 4 hrs with 2G**
Display: 2.8" TFT, 65K-color Touchscreen, VGA (480 x 640 pixels)
Processor: Marvell TavorP 800 MHz
Memory: 256 MB Flash + 128 MB DDR SDRAM
Expansion Slot: MicroSD with SDHC support
Connectivity: WLAN 802.11b+g , USB v1.1(FS), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
WAP Browser: HTTP / WAP 1.2.1/2.0
Messaging: SMS / MMS / Email / MSN / Push E-mail
Battery: 1300 mAh Li-Ion
GPS: SiRF Star III with InstantFix
3 M Pixel Auto Focus (Main)
300 K Pixel for Video Telephony (Sub)
Record:MPEG4@QVGA 24fps / H.263@QCIF 24fps
Playback:MPEG4@QVGA 30fps / H.263@QCIF 30fps
Picture Format: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
Audio Format: MP3, WMA, 3GP, AAC, and AAC+
Ringtone: MP3 / MIDI
JAVA: J2ME (CLDC 1.1 + MIDP2.0)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
After installing Vista Service Pack 1, I noticed that my Windows Vista Search shortcut is no longer in start menu. It also no longer in the right click menu.
To restore Search function in the right click menu:
1. Start Registry Editor
2. Expand "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell"
3. Click on "find".
4. Locate "LegacyDisable" in the right column and rename it, let say... "LegacyDisable.1".
5. Close registry editor and Windows Vista Search function is back in the right click menu.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Samsung Eternity Specifications
Quad-Band: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz Dual-Band: UMTS 1900/850MHz
Size Weight: 3.88 ounces
Dimension (HXWXD): 4.3” x 2.2” x 0.5”
Technology: 262k Touch TFT
Resolution: 240 x 400 pixel
Input Device: Touch ScreenCamera
Camera Resolution: 3.0 Megapixel
Digital / Optical Zoom: 3x Digital Zoom
Shot mode: Multishot / Timershot
Video recording: Yes
Music & Sound
Music Player: MP3 Player
Poly Ringtones: 72 Note Polyphonic Music Tones
MP3 Ringtone: Yes
Talk time: Up to 5 hours
Standby: Up to 250 hours
Fun & Entertainment Mobile TV: AT&T Mobile TV
Business & Office Voice memo & Voice mail
Voice memo & Voice mail: Yes
SMS / EMS / MMS: Yes
Predictive Text Input T9: Yes
Email: Mobile Email
User Memory: 200MB Shared MP3 Player and Camera
Phone book entries: 1000 Alphanumeric Entries
Personal Information Management Calendar
Memo book: Yes
Call Cost / Call Time: Yes
Touch Screen: Yes
Samsung Eternity (SGH-a867) Drivers , Manual , Software and Firmware
Samsung Eternity (SGH-a867) How - to guide
Friday, November 14, 2008
After a day Verizon Wireless announced the release date of Blackberry Storm, Vodafone make a step further. They had announced the availability of the much awaited Blackberry Storm.
For as low as £35 and 2 years plan, the Blackberry Storm is free.
Verizon Wireless will release Blackberry Storm next week. If 7 days is too long for you, then get a ticket to UK.
AT&T has add a new touchscreen phone for their customer, the Samsung Eternity.
Features a 3.2 inches display with tacktile touchscreen, Samsung Eternity is 3G capable phone. It can download for up to 3.6 Mbit/s download speed. Spot a 3 megapixel camera with 3x digital zoom, this ATT new toy that come with 3.5mm headphone jack is also video and music player.
As for browsing, Samsung Eternity feature a full html browser. It also support MediaFlo TV.
However, the lack of WiFi is somehow a setback.
Priced at $369.99 if you hate commitment while for 2 years contract and after a $50 AT&T Promotion Card rebate, you can have the Samsung Eternity for $149.99
Blizzard Entertainment official trailer for the new World of Warcraft expansion, "Wrath of the Lich King".
Blizzard has finally released the much awaited expansion set for World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King. If you're into the Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack, you can purchase and download them from the iTunes Store. The entire album that include a total of 21 tracks is available for $9.99.
The iTunes edition include three 3 exclusive tracks, "Path of the Lifewarden," "Shadow Web Caverns," and "Obsidian Sanctum". The individual track cost 99 cents each.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Verizon Wireless will give a Blackberry Storm as well as other prizes on the upcoming online hunt beginning November 6th to 15th November. Each day, 5 winner will be selected to win a Blackberry Storm Smartphone.
For more information, visit http://estore.vzwshop.com/storm/
For $22.99 USD, you could unlocked your T-Mobile G1. All you need to do is place an order with providing your IMEI phone number at Unlock-TMobileG1.com. You will then receive the eight digit unlock code. Turn on your T-Mobile G1 with non T-Mobile sim, and enter the unlock code. Upon successful, the phone will display a “Network Unlock Successful” message.
This video shows you how easy to unlock T-Mobile G1
RIM Blackberry Bold Specifications
Wireless email, Organizer, Browser, Phone, Camera (2.0 MP), Video Recording, BlackBerry® Maps, Media Player, Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi® Support,Corporate data access, SMS, MMS
Size and Weight
4.48"/114mm (Length), 2.6"/66mm (Width), 0.59"/15mm (Depth), 4.8 oz/136g (Weight)
Trackball, QWERTY (Keyboard), Keyboard backlighting
* 3.5mm stereo headset capable
* Integrated earpiece/ microphone
* Built-in speakerphone
* Mono/stereo headset, hands-free and serial port profiles supported (Bluetooth® technology)
* M3, T3 (Rating for hearing aids)
* Video format support: DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
* Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
* Half VGA resolution 480 x 320 pixel color display
* Transmissive TFT LCD, supports over 65,000 colors
* Font size (user selectable)
* Light sensing screen
* Polyphonic/MIDI ringtones
* 32 polyphonic ringtones – MIDI, SP-MDI, MP3, WAV
* Vibrate mode
* LED indicator
Approximate Battery Life
* Up to 13.5 days (Standby time)
* Up to 4.5 hours (Talk time)
* Expandable memory – support for microSD™ card
* 1GB On-board + 128 MB Flash
* RIM® wireless modem
* Tethered modem capability
* Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
* Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
* Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise®
* Integrates with an existing enterprise email account
* Integrates with existing personal email account
* Integrates with optional new device account
* USB cable
* Wall charger
* Password protection and keyboard lock
* Support for AES or Triple DES encryption when integrated with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
* FIPS 140-2 Compliant (FIPS Validation In Progress)
* Optional support for S/MIME
* Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g
* UMTS: 2100/1900/850 MHz GSM®: 1900/1800/900/850 MHz,
* North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* North America: 1900MHz GSM®/GPRS networks
* Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* EDGE networks
* HSDPA networks
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Nintendo DSi has go on sales in Japan on Saturday, 1st November 2008. Slightly slimmer than Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi come in two color, matte black and white. Feature a 256 MB Internal flash memory and SD card slot, Nintendo DSi equipped with WiFi (With WPA and WPA2) and Opera Internet Browser.Color: black and white
Media : Nintendo DS Game Cards, SD Cards
storage: 256 MB Internal flash memory,Secure Digital card
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (with WPA and WPA2 support)
Online service: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection,DSiWare Shop
Opera Internet Browser
Weight: 214 gram
Screen Size: 3.25"