ZKTeco X7 Standalone Fingerprint Access Control

I had a chance to install ZKTeco X7 Fingerprint last week.

Actually, a friend called and ask me to find a cheap fingerprint standalone controller. It takes few hours untill I decide to look in detail at ZKTeco X7.

Here in Malaysia it priced between RM250 to RM300 before discount. The cheapest I saw at lelong is RM199.

Well, I called my supplier and they give me a better price.

Ok..
First, this device is small. In fact I think it is so small the first time I saw it.
When I first reading the specification, I really didn't bother to look at the dimention. I thought it will be around 200mm x 200mm.


When the sales person handed to me this X7, I was a bit shock by it's size. Yep, it is 88mm x 88mm. Actually I have told my customer that it will be around 200mm x 200mm.

Anyway...
By the look. This ZKTeco X7 is nicely designed. I believe the manufacturer using cheap material for casing. The button especially. It feels like a toy.

The package comes with 1 twelve pin cable connector, the device it self, a really small paper manual and a beautiful black proximity card (which I accidentally throw to dustbin during the installation. And it's gone).

Installation...
Installation and cable connection is straight forward. I think it's just the same as other standalone door access controller.

My installation only include electromagnetic lock and release button, so.. there's no trouble at all.
The only problem I had is with the manual. It is so small and so was the printout. I had to snap the manual with my phone camera and enlarge them on my phone screen.

Operation...
My customer only wants to use fingerprint access for only 10 users. Surprisingly, this ZKTeco X7 take the enrollment process without a single failure. Each user need to verify their finger 3 times. It's work perfectly also during user authentication, not a single fail. Thumbs up to the manufacturer as this is the most important thing in fingerprint access controller.

My thought for ZKTeco X7 Standalone Fingerprint Access Controller
+ The design is nice.
+ It's small and I like it.
+ User enroll and authentication is superb
- Tiny manual
- A toy like quality(button)
It's cheap and look cheap but it just works perfectly.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form