Wednesday, June 29, 2011
In dyndns.org :
- Create an account with a username and password.
- "Account" -> "My Service" -> "Add Host Services" -> "Add Dynamic DNS Host"
- Enter and select hostname
- Enter IP address of your computer
- Click "Add host"
In your DVR software:
- Find DDNS network settings
- Enable DDNS
- Enter username, password and hostname from dyndns.org
- Apply the settings
Then if your IP address changes, DVR software sends the data to dydns.org and updates it. This allows to access your computer from remote location by using not a weird IP address, but a user-friendly hostname.
p.s.Please note that routers can also be configures to work with DDNS (instead of configuring DVR software, you can configure your router).
Posted by budzer Labels: security systems