Sunday, November 28, 2010
As a frequent Notepad user, I didn't notice that Notepad status bar will gone once Word Wrap is enable. Recently when I read an article at lifehacker, there is a way to enable Word Wrap and Status Bar at the same time in Notepad. It can only be done by editing Windows Registry.
1. Start Notepad, make sure Word Wrap is enable and close Notepad.
2. Click Start, type regedit and press Enter.
3. In the left pane, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER then Software then Microsoft and then click on Notepad (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Notepad).
4. In the right pane, locate StatusBar and double click on it.
5. Change Value Data from 0 to 1. Click OK and close Registry Editor.
Start Notepad and you will notice the status bar. Now, if you play around with Word Wrap again (disable and enable), Notepad status bar will automatically disabled.
Posted by budzer Labels: software