Sunday, August 15, 2010
Blackberry Torch 9800 users tips.
How to change your ring tone, notifiers, or reminders
1. On the Home screen, click the Sound and Alert Profiles icon.
2. Click Change Sounds > Sounds for Selected Profile > Ring Tone.
• Click a tone.
• To use a tone that is on your BlackBerry® device or on a media card, click Select Music. Find and click an audio file.
3. Press the Menu key > Save.
How to set up an email address
1. On the Home screen, click the Setup icon.
2. In the Setup section, click the Email Accounts icon.
3. Follow the screens to set up your email address. When your email address is set up correctly, you receive a confirmation message. To view
and manage your email messages, on the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
How to download a theme
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Display > Screen Display.
3. Press the key > Download Themes.
How to use a picture as your Blackberry Torch 9800 wallpaper
1. On the Home screen, click the Media icon > Pictures icon.
2. Browse to a picture.
3. Press the Menu key > Set As Wallpaper.
How to transfer a file from your computer to your Blackberry Torch 9800. Using your Blackberry Torch 9800 as a USB memory drive
You must use the BlackBerry® Desktop Software to manage and preserve the information or the encryption that is associated with your media files when you transfer files between your BlackBerry device and your computer.
1. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Do one of the following:
• If you want to transfer most types of files, in the dialog box that appears on your device, select the USB option.
• If you want to transfer media files that are protected with DRM, in the dialog box that appears on your device, select the media transfer option.
3. If necessary, type a password. Your device appears as a drive on your computer.
4. Drag a file from a location on your computer to a folder on your device.
To view the transferred file on your device, disconnect your device from your computer and find the file.
How to reconcile email over the wireless network
You can set the Wireless Reconcile option for each email address that is associated with your BlackBerry Torch 9800.
1. On the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
2. Press the Menu key > Options > Email Reconciliation.
3. If the Message Services field appears, set this field to the appropriate email account.
4. Select the Wireless Reconcile check box.
5. Press the Menu key > Save.
For more tips, user guides and manual. Download:
Start Here - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone
Explore - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone
User Guide - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone
Safety and Product Information - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone