Saturday, July 24, 2010
How to reset HTC Desire to factory default via the phone settings.
* Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
* Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
* On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
How to reset HTC Desire to factory default using phone buttons
* With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
* Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
* Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
* When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.
How to recalibrate G-sensor
Recalibrate the screen if you feel that the screen orientation does not respond properly to the way you hold the phone.
* Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Sound & display.
* Scroll down the screen, and then tap G-Sensor calibration.
* Place the phone on a flat and level surface, and then tap Calibrate.
* After the recalibration process, tap OK.
How to use HTC Desire as a modem (tethering)
* Make sure HTC Sync is installed.
* Make sure your phone’s data connection is turned on.
* Connect the phone to the computer using the provided USB cable.
* On the Connect to PC screen, select Internet sharing, and then tap Done.
* When you are using your phone as a modem, the USB mass storage feature is disabled, and you are also not able to use HTC Sync.
HTC Desire User Guide
Download HTC Desire Quick Start Guide
Download HTC Desire User Manual