Monday, August 31, 2009
Canon PowerShot G11 Features
- New 10.0 Megapixel sensor coupled with Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor designed as the High Sensitivity System for improved low light image performance.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control.
- Large, bright 2.8-inch Vari-angle LCD with 461,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- A host of optional accessories including Speedlite flashes, underwater housing and Tele-Converter Lens are available.
- A high-powered Wide-Angle 5x Optical Zoom (equivalent to 28 - 140mm) with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer gets you up close and personal to your subjects.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves the overall camera performance.
- HDMI output for viewing still images on an HDTV.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper setting for the camera based on 22 predefined shooting situations.
Canon PowerShot G11 Specifications
Type of Camera Type of Camera
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical/4x Digital/20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
Image Capture Device Type
1/1.7-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
Approx. 10.4 Megapixels
Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
Lens Focal Length
6.1 (W) - 30.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 140 (T) mm)
Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity
Macro: 0.4 in.-1.6 ft./1-50cm
Viewfinder & Monitor Viewfinder
Real-image optical zoom viewfinder
2.8-inch TFT color, with wide viewing angle
Approx. 461,000 pixels
Aperture and Shutter Maximum Aperture
f/2.8 (W) - f/4.5 (T)
15-1/4000 sec. (Total shutter speed range; settable in Tv and M)
Exposure Control ISO Sensitivity
Auto*, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200 (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index. *Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode and subject brightness. The ISO speed also varies according to subject movement and camera shake when the shooting mode is set to Auto.)
Light Metering Method
Evaluative*1, Center-weighted average, spot*2
*1 Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF.
*2 Fixed to center or linked to the AF frame.
Exposure Control Method
Program AE, Shutter Speed-Priority AE, Aperture-Priority AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
+/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance White Balance Control
Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom1, Custom2
*The color of faces is evaluated in Face AiAF
Flash Built-in Flash
Auto, Auto w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro, Second-curtain synchro
1.6 ft.-23 ft./50 cm-7 m (W), 1.6-13 ft./50cm-4.0m (T)
10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 7.4V)
Flash Exposure Compensation
+/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
Shooting Specifications Shooting Modes
Auto*1, P, Tv, Av, M, C1, C2, Low Light, Quick Shot, SCN*2, Movie
*1 Optimum image processing for each scene. *2 Portrait, Landscape, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Sports, Sunset, Night Scene, Fireworks, Beach, Underwater, Aquarium, Foliage, Snow, Color Accent, Color Swap, Stitch Assist
My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom*
*Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available.
Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/ Custom*1/Face Self-Timer*2
*1 Shooting start time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments)) can be specified.
*2 When the number of detected faces increases, the shutter is released after 2 sec. delay. However, if no face is detected for 30 seconds or more, the shooting operation starts automatically.
Normal: approx. 1.1 fps; AF: approx. 0.7 fps; LV: approx. 0.8 fps (Large/Fine)
Image Storage Storage Media
SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card
Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
Normal, Fine, RAW
JPEG Compression Mode
Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) RAW (CR2 Canon Original))
Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio data: Linear PCM (monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels
Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large); 2,816 x 2112 (Medium 1); 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2); 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3); 640 x 480 (Small); 3,648 x 2,048 (Wide); 3,648 x 2,736 (RAW); 1,824 x 1,368 (Medium*)
* Low Light mode